Thursday, June 03, 2010

Day 13: I'm no rocket scientist, I'm just human as the next person is.

Song: I wanna go to a place...
Rung by: Rie Fu

I wanted to go home but I have things to do here that are important and that meant to me a lot. My work is something I am proud of. And earlier today somehow I blamed and buried myself on a small human error. The entire morning til afternoon I was sulking like there's no tomorrow. I love my work. And I didn't want to lose it because of the small error I didn't see. I had lost my spunk. But this guy told me, even though I looked up to him as cause of problem for me, told me, he too makes the same mistakes. We're just human as the next person is. And with those small mistakes, it's what makes you do your good. Learn from it and live with it, another one said. And the best of all, if I continue to sulk over a small thing, it means I admit defeat to myself.

I wanted to go home on another part. Recently, I stopped blogging and skipped days 11 and 12 due to the fact that I've been very tired and exhausted. It's not that I am eating right, it's just that I am exhausted on getting my project completed. I miss my wife and my kids. But Daddy has to persevere and keep moving forward. It's a matter of being dedicated to job and making sure I bring home the ham to my family.

What I learned today are 2 valuable lesson:
1. Never sulk or dredge over small mistakes, learn from it, live with it.
2. Be thankful for the people that put their trust on you. They're your best allies and most of all keep up the good work.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I know I can put more effort to my work. And I will continue to make things better and never let it get to my head. Thanks!

2 comments:

JOSH said...

Nice one there, Vincent!

We do make mistakes and its natural but when taking a mistake , you should learn not to do it again.. I always told to myself -- "One mistake is natural at first but taking the same mistake twice is foolish."

Until then!

Eve said...

Thanks! I love this entry. :D You are not alone with this one. Perhaps this explains my need for perfectionism in my work, I just couldn't tolerate small mistakes in my end. Crazy isn't it!

I'm learning too, it'll take a while but at least I'm telling my inner critic to be good to me or else I will kick her ass out and look for a nicer one. Hahaha.

Thanks again. Do blog. It'll ease your mind and it's some sort of therapy.

TC!